As well being an advisory group to the RBKC Council, and a Forum that brings together statutory, voluntary and commercial bodies in the Ward and beyond, the Society does vitally important work protecting, preserving and improving local buildings. It also formulates planning advice for the area, represents the views of the Earl’s Court community, including businesses and those working in the area.
Supporting and encouraging Residents’ Associations and community organisations and promoting the commercial well-being of the area is also a core function.
Particular areas of focus currently include:
- EARL’S COURT EXHIBITION SITE RE-DEVELOPMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL NOISE, NUISANCE AND DUST
- NIGHT-TIME WORKING
- TRAFFIC POLLUTION
- RUBBISH DUMPING ON STREETS
- CYCLING ON PAVEMENTS
- AGRESSIVE BEGGING
- OVERCROWDING ON TUBE STATIONS AT PEAK TIMES
- RESTORING THE DIRECT GATWICK AIRPORT TRAIN SERVICE FROM WEST BROMPTON
- UNSOCIAL HOUSING
- GREEN SPACES
Learn more by visiting www.earlscourtsociety.org.uk.